Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you and information relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking.
Purpose of collection
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage or hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing services to you or one of your associates;
- information about issues that might affect you;
- permitting access to one of our data centers to ensure the security of the facility;
- logging your interaction with a SIS application or service;
- issuing tax invoices for the products or services we may provide to you from time to time;
- providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organizations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
- facilitating our internal business operations and the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analyzing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services.
We may collect sensitive information from you. This will be collected where you consent or where it is reasonably necessary for us to collect this information for our functions or activities.
Method of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, when you interact with a SIS application or service, via email, via competition entries, through a telephone conversation with you or when entering a data center. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
When we collect your information, you have the option of not identifying yourself or using pseudonym, unless it is impracticable for us to deal with you where you have not identified yourself or use a pseudonym.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or one or your associates with the services you, or they, are seeking.